Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaandme

Technical User
Jul 22, 2001
FR
i have installed arcserve2000 and always have this incomplete backup under nt 4.0. why is that please?

Quite possibly it is unable to backup files that are in use either by the OS or another application.

yaandme, do you have the Open Files Agent? It will allow yuo to grab any open files for a backup. Check with your vendor if you don't have it yet. It ought to be included with ArcServe, but hey, CA's got to squeeze every last dollar out of us... Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Thank you for your help monkeylizard.
Yes, I have Open files Agent installed.
I still get incomplete backup and sometimes the server slow down and pops up low virtual memory.
why is that please?

I am having the same problem, i checked all my logs, recreate backup sessions, uninstalled reinstalled. No avail still getting incomplete message. Are the folks from cAI reading these forums?

I too am getting the E3011 error. Yes agent is installed. I have a "identical" server that is running beside the errant machine with NO Arc 6 problems. I initially thought that maybe is was a login issue (since it acted like it was a open file issue) so I modified the box to disable logins with no luck

Anyone else have any advice....this machine was rock solid until now. At least this product is better than BE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back