Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackUp Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

piwadmin

MIS
Jul 25, 2002
US
I'm new to running Veritas and I've encountered a small problem while attempting to run a backup. After I've setup the backup to run I notice on the activity monitor that the job status is listed as DEVICE PAUSED. Using the help I went into configuration to check if the deviced had been paused however, it was not. I tried powering down the DLT and restarting the job but I continue to receive the same problem. Any suggestions?

Backup Exec is capable of some of the most infernally vague error messages sometimes. Device Paused is one of the ones I hate the most. Try stopping the Backup Exec services, power-cycle the drive, then restart the services. If that doesn't work, sometimes a good old-fashioned reboot fixes it.

To help prevent this error, make sure to keep the drive clean by using a cleaning tape. Not sure what else causes this to happen, this is all I know. Good luck!

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back