Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup hardware solution advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8in

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
US
Our current backup solution is out-of-date and I'm looking for a new one, which will match the development in our firm.

What we will need to have backed up :

- Netware 6.0 server. Currently 72Gb of storage, soon to be expanded to 144Gb and possibly another 72Gb addition within 2 years.

- A Windows server that runs a Lotus Domino based application (only 18Gb, no data size growth is foreseen)

- A (future) Lotus Domino server for our email and collaboration (65 users)

We already own Arcserve (latest version) with Netware agent and will probably also need a Lotus Domino agent.
I'm thinking of getting an HP Proliant DL320 and attaching a tape storage device to it.

I would like some advice on what storage technology to use. Any other advice is welcome too, of course.

TIA.

We use LTO. Under a UNIX environment, we backup 300GB in about 5.5 hours.

BV

I'm partial to putting a tape in every machine. It requires a little more work on the part of the admin, but seems more reliable and trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back