Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup from PC to Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSE

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2006
US
I am needing to Backup a database file from several computers running windows XP to my Exchange Server. These pc's are not on the exchange network and some are not on a network that is accessible by me at all except through maybe an internet connection. Is there any way that i can get a copy of the file that i need off these pc's to my exchange server other then to actually have the user email a copy of it to me every week.

sorry, but u have described ur situation unclearly.
Are those PC u want files to backup from connected to the internet?
asuming that u want to copy files from PCs (connected to internet) i'd recommend u Acronis product for server. anyway, if i misundertood anything join acronis company homepage. i'm sure u'll definetelly usefull program over there.
good luck

if posssible but maybe setup a ftp site where user put the db and backup the ftp site. Have a script copy the file from the ftp site to a location where you can backup the DB.

I would not recommend to do this on an exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back