Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup for Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Good Morning all..i have a Call Pilot rls 5.0 that is the messaging system for 3 sites my question is i have a spare meridian mail system in a option 11c i would like to use as a back up to the Call Pilot. i know i can route calls to the mer mail in a backup situation and use dial by name or number but my goal is to have the mer mail act like the main mail system activating message lights etc....thanks for your help!

Gonna cause you issues with message waiting lights. CP will turn light off and then MM will turn it back on(because there is an unread message), user check cp mailbox and it is empty..... Workorder for message waiting light and hours spent trying to figure it out. Or worse cp turns light on mm turns it off, user gets back from lunch no light assumes no message, chewed out by boss for not getting the work done or misses being by family member before they die and YOU get the blame because you handle the phone system.

This is a backup scenario for EMERGENCY situations. Not everything will work the same or together.

See why you don't even want to try and make this work except in an emergency situation?

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

yes i uderstand the possibilities however this would be in a purely backup fashion for business continuity (a temporary system) i don't need the message lights to work
right now we are trying to connect the two systems via tie trunks but we are able to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back