Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup fails - Unable to establish TCP reconnection to agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiddleWork

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
GB
System Details:

ARCServe 9 (build 2020) on Windows 2000 SP4 Server
Using a Plasmon V21 autoloader

Ok, when backing up one of our servers I receive the following error...

E3394 - Unable to establish TCP reconnection because the agent does not have the requested packet (SEQ=31463, AGENT=IPXXX.XXX.XXX.XX(Servername(IPXXX.XXX.XXX.XX)))

This doesn't happen every time however it does fail more offen then not.

So far I have reinstalled the agent on the client server and have checked the logs, which show the following errors...

[SD]Send Error. RC=18012746, Socket error 10054, buffer size: 131072, position: 832036

The above error occurs throughout the log with the buffer size and position displaying a different value each time.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

I have been told to set the agent to debug mode (through a registry setting) but im not sure what I need to do after doing so.

All help very much appreciated!!

From the Client Agent Admin set the backup priority to low. Yes low, it is then less likely to conflict with other applications, such as a virus dection program configured to scan all out going files. Could also be a network problem. There is a registry setting to increase the timeout.

SendTimeOut : REG_DWORD : 0x258
The amount of time (in seconds) the Client Agent will time-out if it has not sent any data packets to ARCserve within the specified amount of time.
The default is 600 seconds.

NOTE: If 0 is entered as a value, the Client Agent will never time-out. Warning this could result in the job hanging indefinatly waiting for either data or a timeout message from the client agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back