Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bresil

MIS
Jan 12, 2005
US
Hi Experts,

I get the follow error message on 7 servers which use Veritas Backup Exec 9.0.

Final error code: a00084f8 HEX
Final error description: A timeout occurred waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown.

Each servers are used as File server and Exchange server. In addition we have 150 servers which are configured with identical hardware and software... On these servers I didn't experience problem.

I read numerous articles on the Internet and forums, but I don't know which steps will be solve this problem actually.

Thus if someone has a good idea or met same problem please share experiences to eliminate the failed backups on our servers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bresil

I read the suggestions and checked them on the servers, but they don't solve my problem. I stopped and restared the backup exec services but next day the backup will be failed with same error and near in same time.

Have you any proposals?

Zoltan

Today morning I checked the result of the backup and unfortunately the mentioned error appears in the log again. Naturally the backups was failed in the same time.

Final error code: a00084f8 HEX
Final error description: A timeout occurred waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown.

doc is concerning
Final Error Code: a000fe30 HEX thus it didn't give me solution.

Has someone ever met this problem?

Hi Bresil,
Can you confirm that the network drivers on a server that does work are exactly the same revision number as the drivers on the server that does not work. (Giving that the NIC's are the same model). Has this problem just started to happen or has it been this way since you installed BEX 9?
Cheers
OG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back