Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Workstation and DEVICE NOT FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

scale2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2001
US
I have a big problem. I have a windows2000 machine running win2k pro and veritas backup exec workstation. I can see my HP colorado backup drive in the drive config as well as the device manager. Once i go into backup exec it says "NO DEVICES FOUND". I have tried 2 different versions of backup exec, 2 different brands of travan 20 gig backup drives (seagate and hp), i have reinstalled windows over the top of it self, and still nothing.

I have put the drive on its own controller and shared with a HD. Nothing seems to matter. Anyone have any ideas? I have ran the latest tape drive diagnostics on both dirves and it seems to work just fine. It passes everyone but backup exec reports no drive found. The odd thing is that under backup exec device config. my drive shows right up. Once i go into backup exec it says no devices found. I have tried mulitple device drivers on both drives. Still nothing....

please emai me at jeremy@incompass-mn.com with any suggestions.

What you don't mention is what version the backup software is. You also don't say if this is an IDE or SCSI drive.
Did you check with Veritas HCL that your drive is supported?

Tilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back