Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Windows Server Ver Failed at Verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextgengamer

Programmer
Apr 20, 2003
US
Hello all I was hopeing maybe someone could help me out here. I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for the last month. I'm having problems with Backup Exec failing at the Verify stage. I've taken a few steps to avoid this.

1. Set my backup time every weekday at 1am.
2. Made it so that it will skip a file if it is open at the time. (this seemed to help now about 25% of the backups succeed.)

I was wondering if there is another alternative other then just turning the verify stage off or having all networked computers shut down after work. I would like for it to verfiy but my files are being modified sometime after backup and before finished.

If anyone has had this problem before or knows of any sites online I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Nextgengamer

Are there any automated processes that might be modifying data? Perhaps a database? What we do here is we have SQL Server back up its data to a directory at a specific time separate from the Backup Exec schedule. Then we add that directory to Backup Exec's selection list.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

Thanks for the reply packdragon. We are using an accountant program that is modifying files. That directy seems to have the most problems. I think I will look into it a little more. Maybe there is a way I can export a backup from that accountant program and just back that up.

Thanks for the thought, I'll let your know how it goes.

Thanks again,

nextgengamer

Do you have the OPEN FILE OPTION for Backup Exec?

If not, check into it on the Veritas website. It's an option that lets BE backup files that are being modified (OPEN).

-SQLBill

SQLBill -

I have found the OPEN file option. I messed with it a bit and just told it to skip files that were open. The problem seems to be files that aren't open so they get backuped up but then they have been opened and modified before the verification process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back