Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup exec vers 9 - error code: 1 hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estelle

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
GB
anyone got any ideas on this one.
Veritas version 9, build 4454 backing up 8 servers to an ultrium drive has a time slot of 6 hours, which is getting pretty close on time when the backup works fine anyway, but is randomly some nights having a weird problem which means it misses it's time slot and needs to be cancelled by the user.
Job status is: canceled, timed out
when it fails, it seems to randomly try to backup the servers in the wrong order (set by the backup job) but when it randomly finds the first server it's supposed to backup it seems to start running and is fine, but because they are close anyway on the time slot, it runs out of time to complete.
On failing servers i get:
set type: backup
set status: completed
set description: (this is blank on the failing ones)
error code: 1 hex
error description: incorrect function
start time: date, 00:00:05
end time: date, 06:02:00 (give or take on seconds - 6am is the end time of the slot)
files, byte count, etc are all zero.

once it gets to the first server it's supposed to backup i get:
set type: backup
set status: completed
set description: full daily backup
start time and end time look normal, but is usually well past midnight by the time it gets going.
files, byte count, etc are all normal for each drive.

It's like it's not finding the backup set properly or something and is randomly trying to backup other things, but failing to get started. I can't find anything on veritas site on error code 1 hex at all. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Regards
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back