Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec stalling at "Loading Media"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeaty

Technical User
Sep 11, 2000
US
I am running Backup Exec on a Windows NT 4.0 Server and everytime that I start a backup job, it stalls at "Loading Media" I have verified that there is media in the drive and have also tried putting new tapes in the drive, but this doesn't seem to work either. There are no errors on the device and everything looks like it is set up correctly. I deleted all of the old jobs last night and rebooted the server to create new jobs just to make sure that it wasn't do to something wrong in the setup of the jobs. This morning it was the same old thing. Job hung at "Loading Media" When I click on the Media tab in Backup Exec, and highlight All Media, it shows "none" in the left pane. Any suggestions on what may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[sig][/sig]

Try formatting the tape, giving each tape a unique name. [sig][/sig]

One thing that you may want to try is deleting the tape drive from the device tab, stopping and starting the services and then redetecting the tape device. I have had this happen to me and in talking to Veritas they told me that the PVL database had a corrupt entry. This resolved the problem that I had. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back