Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackUp Exec - Plan to Centralized backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2002
SG
Hey Guyz .. maybe you could give some advice.

I have 3 servers.
ExchangeServer
SqlServer
VeritasServer - Have a autoloader

and I have this Veritas Licences.
1 SqlAgent
1 Exchange Agent
1 IDR
1 Remote Agen
1 BackupExec DataCenter
1 OFO

The Plan is. to centralized the backup of SQLServer and ExchangeServer on VeritasServer on Autoloader.

I have already installed some components on the following Server.

On SqlServer.
BackUpExec DataCenter
SQLAgent
and a Remote Agent running as Services/Component

On ExchangeSErver
BackUpExec DataCenter
Exchange Agent
and a Remote Agent running as Services/Component

On VeritasServer
BackUpExec DataCenter
RemoteAgent
IDR
OFO

And I try to run the BackUp of SQLServer on VeritasServer but the database of SqlServer was skip.

If there is a problem on licensing just tell me.
Thanks
Any Info.
Thank you very much

This is the forum for Backup EXEC, not DATACENTER. There is a separate forum for that version. Try your post there.

However, I will say that I am not happy with Veritas' SQL Agent for Backup Exec and I do not use it. I use the native SQL Server Backup commands (BACKUP DATABASE and BACKUP LOG) to backup my databases to hard drive (.bak files). Then I use Veritas Backup Exec to copy those files to tape.

-SQLBill

When you make your selections to back up the sql server is there an option for MS SQl Server in the backup selections. If so this is the sql agent. You actually have to deselect the data folder under the normal drive. The sql agent is basically like an open file option it takes a snapshot of the sql. Sql is always open and running.

thanks sqlbill, i'll try look on the datacenter. or maybe you could give the thread.

mkenny, there is a sqlserver option locally(SQLSERVER -itself) but when i try to have it on the remote selection,im on the VERITASServer, on the SQLSERVER ,all I have is
the C$ and the D$, the sqlserver is not on the list.anyway thanks .

maybe you give any info about this.

Jeri

Oopps sorry about the datacenter,

the thing is that when I try to look at backup exec besnum.txt. I see the ff.

This is components on SQLServer(BE8.6)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Datacenter Server Edition
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Open File Option
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SQL Server 2000 Agent
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Intelligent Disaster Recovery
*and Remote Services as component.

This is components on ExchangeServer(BE8.6)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Open File Option
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Exchange 2000 Agent
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Intelligent Disaster Recovery
*and Remote Services as component.

and on VeritasServer(BE8.6)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Remote Agent
-with autoloader

Both backUp of SQLserver and Exchangeserver shoulb be put on the VeritasServer on Autoloader.

need it urgently .. please help ..
thanks

Jery

To find the Veritas: Datacenter forum, go to the Search function, enter VERITAS: DATACENTER and make sure the forum button is selected.

When you set up a SQL Server backup, are the options on the SQL tab greyed out or can you make changes on that tab?

If they are greyed out, you 1) haven't loaded the agent properly or 2) you didn't enter the license properly.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back