Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec on Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3yas

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
GB
Hello

We are running Vertias backup exec software 8.6 on our windows 2000 server. When we try to backup the data to the tape. On the activity monitor screen it says its loading but actually not backing the data to the tape it runs for ever. we have also cancelled the operation few times uninstalled the software and reinstalled, but it does not make any difference any ideas.

How this can be resolved.

Thank you for your help

Add on to my previous question backup should normally take around 5 hours, this depends on amount of data on the server but i now that from previous experience with backups it normally have taken around 5 hours. But since the backup problem have started it takes longer to run around 8 hours.

In my experience this type of thing is resolved by 1. cleaning the drive and 2. stopping and restarting all BackupExec services. We've found that a bum tape can also cause it. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back