Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup exec errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfox

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hello all -

I have two servers one called Hamlet with windows 2003 and I have a buffalo terastation (don't laugh). Everything is getting backed up, but I still get a list of errors.

1. Backup- Hamlet
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Acess denied to directory.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check login account for the specified device.

2. Backup - 192.168.1.3 (buffalo terastion)
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the remote agent on machine 192.168.1.3.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation. Unable to initialize remote agent.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,

Are you backing up an Exchange store? The first error message implies you are?

The second error sounds like a permissions issue (the 1st error could also be the same), what account is Backup Exec using? Does it have full rights on the machine it is backing up?

Thanks.

"Nobody cares how it works, as long as it works

I would ask what version of Backup Exec version you have first of all, just to help others help now and in the future. I would test check out the credentials used for each machine to be backed up first, just to see the Server can see them in the first place.

Under 'Job Setup' select the backup selection list used
Go to 'Resource Credentials'
Then press 'Test All' to see if your credentials are proper
(alt. You could also go into a new backup job and just try to browse the machines, if you can't then credentials are off)

As for the TerraStation, I'm not sure what type of agent would be used on the machine. Are you able to just put a Linux Remote Agent on it?

--> Google: Not sure if they address the problem directly, but a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back