Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Catalog move 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzope

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hello guys,

I used to work with Commvault so Backup Exec is fairly new to me. I'm hoping someone here can help me. Currently we have 3 media servers that I have to connect to to check status and run backups etc. I would like to move the catalogs from 2 of those servers and import them into one.

In other words I would like to connect to only one media server when doing restores and backups etc.

If anyone can explain to me how to achieve this I would be very greatful.

v/r

You would need the CASO or Central admin server option for Backup Exec 10.x.

Im assuming you have a fiber attached library and all three media servers share the same library. If not then you could store the catalogs on one server and run and create the restore job from one server but it would delegate the job out to the media server where the media resides.

Placing the catalog in a central location is only supported with the SAN/SSO option or CASO option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back