Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Catalog Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmapes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2001
US
This particular server, running Windows N/T and using a sony multiple tape drive gets a catalog error every time a full backup is ran on the weekends. The differential backups proceed fine and, when the full backup completes, though it shows abortion, the differential backups start fresh for the new week, like the full backup was acceptable.

I do have Microsoft Exchange on this server and I do have the Backup Exec add-on for it as well.

Is there a file to go to where I can delete the catalog and start over, in case the catalog is corrupted and needs to be reinitialized?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tools/option/catalog will tell you where the changeable path to you BE catalogs are.

Thanks for the help. Would you know, if I delete the files, will this cause more problems, or will the computer reinitialize the files and start fresh?

Thanks Again!

Jeremy Mapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back