Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup exec 9 Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddysherri

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
GB
Hello

I do believe this happens with all vertias backup programs, but if a program has a corrupt file that needs to get backed-up it stops the backup program. I have looked through the job set-up but can not find any options as to by-passing corrupting files instead of just stoping the backup.

Can anyone help?

cheers

Hi

Just exclude it from the selection list manually.

Lambypie

I found this registry fix in another post. I was having a problem with BE 9.0 failing on maiboxes with messages that contain corrupt files. Give it a try. It may work. I'll post again to let you know my results.

(Make Registry Change on Backup Server)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Backup

Set Fail Jobs on Corrupted Files to 0.

cheers i wil give that a go, we also get a lot of corrupted files in mailboxes ad it's just a pain as you have to go round and delete them.

nice one.

Well i have put it in and hopefully i will add a couple of dodgy e-mails and we will see what happens i will keep you up to date with proceedings.

In case any one is following this thread, PineGar's registry change suggestion worked fine for me. This is a common problem, but many just eliminate the verification process during backup. Thanks, PinGar!!!

Making that registry change it OK, but it only masks the real problem. What if the file is really corrupt an when it comes to a restore your stuck.
Corrupt files in exchange are technotes on veritas support site. They can be fixed. Open PST files must be backed up the AOFO. You just masking something that could potentially be a problem and you would never know it.
Corrupt files should stop the backup - only fail it at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back