Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup exec 9.1 remote agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntunB

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2003
AU
if i have 2 machines

both hav backup exec 9.1 installed

BUT

onli 1 has a tape drive, so server1 will backup on its own drive, and server1 will backup server2

now if server 2 has the same version of backup exec installed on it, do i still need to get the remote agent for windows 2000 servers?

AntunB

no you don't, just as long as it has a backup exec server license on it.

ok when i click backup, and then select the location i click

Remote selections
Microsoft network
Domain
Server

then it doesn't let me select the server, its greyed out

and i got the same version of backup exec installed on it

can anyone help me

ok it says you are not autherised to access this item. remote agent is not installed or is incompatible

First of all you only need to install Backup Exec 9.1 on server 1 (The server that is connected to the tape drive). You then need to install the remote agent on server 2 & hey presto you will be able to perform remote backups of server 2.

Hope this helps - if you are confused let us know.

:)

Cheers

wat i am asking is if i do not hav a license for remote agent

but i do hav 2 licenses of backup exec 9.1

so if i install backup exec 9.1 on both servers will it work or not, and i just tested it, and it did not work

so that means that i do hav 2 buy a license for remote agent.

you have to buy one remote agent license,two server licenses can't satisfy your request!

Actually, you can have 2 BE server licenses and back each other up if need be.
And yes, I have done this before and it does work without an issue.

hmmmmmm justin it dusnt work for me

i hav it installed on 2 servers, but wen i click backup, and select remote location, and then choose the server, its greyed out, and says it doesnt have a license for remote agent, or an older version is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back