Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup EXEC 9.1 and MSL5000 Library - Preprocessing hang ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

load3d

Programmer
Feb 27, 2008
US
Backup Exec 9.1 and MSL5000 library running on an HP Proliant DL380 G3.

Okay, I really need help. My back up jobs runs on my tape library the job starts, loads the media, then goes to a Pre-Processing stage for about 5 hours then cancels without writing any data. The status on the drive itself goes to Seeking - Reading - Then goes to Idle after the first 20 minutes. Then if I try to cancel the job in veritas it never cancels so I have to restart. If I try to manually move the tape out of the drive it locks up the library and I have to restart it as well. I have a contract with HP, but they are not making headway with me. So far we have replaced numerous hardware. Also nothing has changed on the server.. just one day the backups stopped running and this "pre-processing" garbage started to occur. I am the only person with access to this server, so I know that nothing has changed.

- Both tape drives (twice)
- ALL scsi cables (but not terminators)
- SCSI card onboard
- System Board
- PCI Riser
- Tried different tapes

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back