Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MieMie

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
US
We are looking to upgrade BE to 9.0 but will it be compatible in a mixed environment (Win 2k & NT) or should we be looking at just upgrading to BE 8.6 for NT and 2000?

Thanks for your input!

as long as you get the multi server edition I dont see why it wouldn't work.

We just upgraded to 9.0, but don't think it will be easier! Installation has got many snares. We do not backup NT, but i think there wan't be any problems. But you know with Veritas you will never be sure, never ever ;o) Any error the lost. 8.6 was running very (!) stable, so just use it, before upgrding to 9.0. B.r., Uwy

We just upgraded to 9.0 as well, with Remote Agent. Now we get CRC errors related to backing up System State. Veritas acknowledges that this is a problem with 9.0, but to date have no resolution.

If you can, stick with 8.6 for now. No point upgrading to 9.0 until some of the bugs are worked out.

Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer.
cheers.gif

Thanks everybody....I was just to update my version to 9.0...I will wait until I see version 9 more stable, my version 8.6 is working good so far...

Yep, my advice is "don't do it" I had 8.6 on and it was working like a dream but have put 9.0 on and am getting the same as beerhunter2, CRC errors and also it keeps telling me the drive needs cleaning or the media is faulty.

Just upgraded and ran into several issues. Biggest NT issue was push install of Remote Agent didn't seem to work. Still trying to resolve that issue.

All 2000 stuff went pretty well.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back