Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 to 9.0 upgrade or free ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

protos

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2002
US
do you/i
have to purchase upgrade to 9.0 from 8.6
or do you need new licenses ??
also

what is the "new toys" in 9.0 over 8.6 ??

I don't care if it's free. I am not going there for a while. I have been to Veritas site and already seen numerous patches. Besides that All the agents an options I am running would need upgrades as well.

Besides I have had to restore my exchange server 2000 and and sql server 2000 with 8.6 and suceeded both times.

It ain't free, I can tell you that. We've just upgraded with SQL and Exchange server and Remote agents.

Only good thing is that for the three remote servers we only had to pay for one remote agent as the SQL and Exchnage act as remote agents unlike previously, when we had to buy remote agents for all the servers.

GUI is nicer and there are some nice guide me wizards that'll help you work out exactly which backup you need or want to do! Apart from that can't really see much difference.

mkenny -
I have been to Veritas site and already seen numerous patches

I just went to the veritas site, and saw no patches at all for BExec 9.0. Could you elaborate, and let me know what patches your were talking about please? ________________________________________
Check out

if you have the support contract then the upgrade free.

question,

we use to be able to see the Exchange 2k
information Store but since had to recreate a new store
and now all we see is the mailboxes,
i have been through all the tech notes they had
but no dice.

any security settings that might need to be changed ??
this was on 8.6
i tried 9.0 but same issues
licenses ok both media and remote exchange
and sys manager on both w/ same .dll's
thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back