Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup exec 7.3 fails to start all its services

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashiy

Technical User
Apr 25, 2001
NL
Hello all

I am having some problems with backup exec 7.3 . It does not start all its service . The only services started are alert,notification and naming and if I tried to start the rest I get error message "specified database does not find" and "dependecy service or group fials to start".

I tried service pack 6 , I did stop and start server and workstaiton servcies but it does not helped. I even reinstall the backup exec(without uninstalling the old one) but no success.

Please help me.

You might want to try the backup exec forum. You will have better changes.

WHen installing the backup exec, did you do it as administrator ??????

The NT account you specify for the BackupEXEC services must be a member of the local Backup Operators group, and must have the advanced permission to "Log on as a service" and, I believe, "Act as part of the Operating System". It's a good idea to create a specific service account for this purpose. - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back