Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 7.3 device errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgilmore

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
US
Hello. I have BE 7.3 on a NT Server. After having several problems with the software "failing" I decided to reinstall the software and the HP Colorado external tape device. Well, after reinstalling unfortunately I have not found a solution to my problem. Okay, last night I tried to perform a backup. The error I received when I got in this morning reads: "Storage device HP0 reported an error on a request to read data from media. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error". The thing about this is, in the log file you are able to see that it backed up all of the proper selections. When the log file reaches the Verify section half way through it reports this error. It looks as if everything was sucessfully backed up.

I tried to go into NT Backup and I receive the error stating that my tape device is not responding to check the cables, etc.. So, I go back into Backup Exec and I am able to retension the tape. Isn't that odd?

Any help you may provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

TGilmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back