Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 12 ; The selection list cannot be deleted. It is probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2011
US
Hello,
I am trying to remove a job from exec. Apparently the server that this job was run on was decommissioned before it could properly be removed from exec. When trying to delete the job directly I am pointed to " Delete jobs created by policy" in the job setup task pane. I then go to the Policy that it was attached to but it does not show this this job @ all. From there I looked at the selection list and try to remove from there, this is when I get the message " The selection list cannot be deleted. It is probably in use by a job". This is like a never ending loop. I went as far as rebooting and also restarting services but to no avail. Can anyone shed some light on this? My Company is too cheap to pay for tech support from symantec.

Thanks again...

This is a little late reply but up in the upper left corner of the dialog box there should be a selection for graphical view or text view(or something to that effect) select text view and delete it from there. I'm running version 10d but I think it is the same in other versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back