Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 12 and Exchange 2007 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saasheim

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2010
NO
Hi,
I'm having some problems with getting Backup Exec 12 to work with Exchange 2007 SP2. I use the Exchange Agent. Backup Exec says:

Backup- "server"
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\exchangesrv\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\exchangesrv\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.

Is there a compability problem with Exchange 2007 SP2 and Backup Exec 12? I'm running rev 1364 (sp4).

Hope someone can give me some help...

I had believed so. SP1 is fine but when SP2 is installed you get problems. I havn't tested this personally but it came from a phone call to Symantec tech support.
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/295304.pdf
SP1 is mentioned but not SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back