Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 11D restore job history files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2007
US
We recently had a serious server crash and we had to reinstall from scratch and restore the raw data files.

I have attempted to restore the backup exec directory and got nothing but errors. I ended up having to revert back.

I did see one spot on the web stating the XML files were all you needed to restore the history logs. I did this but it did not allow us to see the job history.

Anyone know of some other way to bring just the job history files back with out having to restore the entire backup exec directory?

Thank you,

Rick

You need to restore BEDB.bak and use BEutility to recover the database and restore the xml files in the data folder
The database has the pointer to the files on disk. But if you have been running backup for a while after the crash I would not perform these steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back