Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup example with RMAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixboy

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
US
We (very) recently started using Oracle 9i Release 2 on Windows 2000 in a production environment. I want to make sure it gets backed up correctly, and need to find a good example of exactly how to use RMAN to backup to disk. That way, I can backup the disk file(s) to tape from there. I haven't found much in the way of examples, and most of the documentation is rather confusing.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to use whatever I get working with this Oracle install to work with an Oracle install on a Sun box later on.

Thanks!

In the ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/rdbms folder there are four scripts case1.rcv, case2.rcv, case3.rcv and case4.rcv. If you go through those scripts they will help you set up your backup procedures with rman.

Obviously you will need to read up on backup and recovery as well as RMAN in the oracle manuals to take it beyond this.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look for those tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

I started looking through the manuals online yesterday. Does Oracle have them in PDF form that I can download from their site? Or do I have to use Acrobat to create one from their site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back