Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup constantly failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahad1

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have been using Arcserve for over a year now and up until a month ago the backups have been completing without any problems.

Backups are now failing almost every night with the following errors.

W3831 - Unable to find any media that can be used in this job
E3530 - Failed to log into database
E4101 - Unable to log into database engine

* is also displayed against the job id.

I mount and run an inventory each time I change the tapes and also restart all 3 engines however the backups are still failing.

The only option I have is to manually run the backup each morning which results in incomplete backups as the files are open and being updated.

I am running version 11.5 on MS Server 2003 standard with an Iomega Revloader. I have an additional Rev loader which I have tried. This worked for a while but then started displaying the same errors.

Any suggestions?

regards

The problem is a corrupt Database.
There has been a lot written about database problems in the past as well as documents here in the FAQ section and CA has some good ones on their support site as well. I'm real short on time other wise I would write it all out again.

I have searched the CA site and also this forum but unable to find any solution.

Can you point me in the right direction?

thanks

The solution is to get rid of the database corruption
repair
initialize
reinstall

Quick and easy initialize and if that does not work reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back