Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Buffer Size is Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeaty

Technical User
Sep 11, 2000
US
When backing up a SQL server on my network, ArcServe is giving me and error msg that says "Configured value of Backup Buffer Size is Invalik.Please check SQL server."This has been haunting me for three weeks now.I have no idea where to change this value.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

ARCserve 6.5
NT Server 4.0
SP 6.0a

Hi, have you applied the service pack to the SQL agent ?
What version of SQL 6.5 or 7 if its 7 then you will need to upgrade Arcserve to 6.61 or 2000. Also is it an SQL cluster, all these factors are quite important. You must have build 622 if its 6.5.
Good luck [sig][/sig]

Hi there

I think you have installed MS SQL v7.0. I ve got the same error after trying to back up SQL 7.0 with ARCserveIT 6.61 without SP1. After applying SP1 and selecting the update of the SQL Agent, everything works just fine.

Try to upgrade for free to ARCserve 6.61 (free of charge Universal Upgrade CD-ROM) and apply SP2a (adds SQL Server 7.0 support - CD-ROM of ARCserve v6.61 supports only SQL 6.5). Good Luck.

regards
dave marton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back