Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup bkf file contain empty folders (incremental-Not enough entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubs010

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have a bkf file that is currently 4.2GB. I have used to carry out a normal backup and then incremental. on a daily basis for months!

Thus, I would have expected to find a copy of everything and daily updates since started.

When I open the file in "Backup or Restore Wizard", I see the bkf file name at the top. Expanding the tree, I see numerous entries for "C" (which contain all the folders on the C-drive that I included in the backup) and numerous entries for "W" (obviously files from the W-drive).

Within each entry for C or W, there are folders, sub folders etc, but nothing is in any of them! What is taking up all the 4.2GB ? - The files must be there somewhere?!

Strangely enough, there are only 13 C's and 13 W's were as I would have expected there to be a lot more!

I have read this thread thread531-739600 but it doesn't help in my situation.

Code:
ntbkup.exe "e:\Data_Backup.bkf" -p"W:\Aubs\adam+
(to restore any files in the specified folder, back to it's original location - I have recreated the folder W:\Aubs\adam\).

Any help greatly appreciated. I haven't lost anything critical, just some home web development stuff that I was playing with and would rather not go through the learning curve again at the moment!

Aubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back