Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup BCM 400 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pit36

Vendor
Apr 2, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to do a full backup on a BCM400 3.7, and need to know if there is any services I need to stop before doing a full backup. Also, I heard of enabling "F" drive, how is it done? I understand it is to backup to an external drive instead of backing up in the BCM drive.

Thanks for the help

I don't know where you got your info but it's way off. The system will stop any service that needs to be stopped before doing the backup and restart it when done. The F drive is enabled. To backup to an external drive you use backup to remote. If both BCM's are 3.7, you should only backup Telephoney and Voice Services and restore them to the Bcakup BCM.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I don't know where you got your info but it's way off. The system will stop any service that needs to be stopped before doing the backup and restart it when done. The F drive is enabled. To backup to an external drive you use backup to remote. If both BCM's are 3.7, you should only backup Telephoney and Voice Services and restore them to the Bcakup BCM."

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back