Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup And Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtccom

Vendor
Nov 8, 2002
US
I have a MICS 2.0 software with the paging port out. If I back up with Nortstar NRU 9.0 tools and swap out the MICS and all the cards ( 2 DS cards and 2 port fiber card) then restore them will I retain all the programming or will anything be lost? IT Technician

The paging port on this MICS is not entirely dead. By this i mean i can hook a paging speaker to the 66 block and can barely hear it. What would cause this and should I just replace the MICS? Side note: How can you modify your posts instead of adding a reply. That wouls help me in here too. Thanks in advance. [spin2] IT Technician

Presume you have an amplified speaker hooked up to the paging port... If you don't then what you hear is correct as the output from Norstar Key systems is a preamp signal. You should cross connect the paging port through the paging relay closure for a clean signal break and to avoid back feeding the KSU.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back