Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup and log problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfguilmard

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I've some problem with my exchange server cause the disk is full. I've read in a previous thread how to schedule an NTBackup to erase log files, BUT, the backup is not working.

The report says:

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Media created 7/14/2003 at 12:21 PM"

Backup of "xxx\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 7/14/2003 at 12:32 PM"
Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 7/14/2003 at 1:07 PM.
WARNING: Portions of "\Mailbox Store (xxx)" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\Public Folder Store (xxx)" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
WARNING: Portions of "\Log Files" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
Backup completed on 7/14/2003 at 1:07 PM.
Directories: 4
Files: 0
Bytes: 0
Time: 1 second

So, i'm in trouble cause the size of exchange logs are growing continuously ... how can i solve the problem? Is it possible to delete the files in MDBDATA folder ??

Thx a lot

Jef

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I would never rely on NTBackup for a backup of my exchange server. I would only use Veritas Backup Exec. I think you are looking for trouble if you stay with NTBackup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back