Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup an Opt-81

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldTek

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
Having been working on an NEC2400IPX for the past 15 months
and comming back to the Options just this past week I find myself challenged with simplist things.
I have an Opt-81 I need to backup. The copy of this backup will stored off site and updated monthly.
My question is, can I do this remote? If so how, and what do I need and what's the procedure for doing it on site.

Thanks Again.

The backup is done in LD 43, the command is EDD. This can be done remotely when you are dialed in, but it will save the data to a floppy disk in the PBX. You can have someone on site remove it off site then if you want. We usually rotate the disks so we have a backup off site as well.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

the switch backs itself up during midn.. if ld 43 is not in the drol, it only backs up if a change was done.. on a manned site, i install new disk each day and edd scpu (ld 135) and edd to the other side... that gives me the two disk i took out, backed up 12 hours apart and todays are both on the same edd to start.. i rotate 10 disk, 2 for each day and friday afternoon, take a the oldest set home.. those never come back,, next week two new disk are labeled with the day of the week that i will use them for... that is overkill and my disk collection at home gets bigger (and i don't use floppy's) but we can always have good backups.. i back the mail (cp) and symposium up weekly and have 4 copies of each... if overkill is cheap, i want a lot of it.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What version is your Opt 81?. Does your knowledge of Meridian extend to the "in depth" sections of programming such as use of the "Problem Determination Tool"?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Sorry for my slow response, I got pulled away.

I've got an Opt-81c FIJI platform Rls 25.40. I have never used the "Problem Determination Tool". What is it and were do I find it.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back