Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Agent for Exchange Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrowland

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
CA
Hi all,

I am using Arcserve 2000 Adv Edition on a Windows 2000 Server (SP2) system to back up my Exchange Server. I can to a Brick Level backup OK, however, I cannot do a backup of the Information Store without getting the following error:

E8562 Failed to receive data from the database agent. (EC=10054)

I have SP3 for Arcserve 2000 applied to the backup server and to the Exchange server.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this issue.

Thanks,

Richard Rowlandson

It could be a problem with security. Right click on the NT/2000 server you are selecting to backup Exchange on, select security, and make sure you are typing in an administrative user name with the form: domain\username

On Exchange Server, Open Registry Editor and do the following Changes.

HKLM\Software\computer Associates\ARCserveIT\DSAGENT\Current Version\Agent\Dbaexch\USETCP Value . Change the Value of USETCP From 1 to 0. ie. you are changing the protocol from TCPIP to Named Pipes.

Stop and Restart the Backup Agent RPC Server for this change to take effect.

Another way of changing the Protocol is to uninstall and reinstall the Agent and selecting Namedpipes during installation.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

CDuser,

Correction....

You don't have to uninstall\reinstall the agent...

Just re-run the configuration...

cheers

Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back