Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Agent fail Exchange Agent -- (429) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagatymoty

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
IL
Hi all
My configuration
I have Ex2000 sp3 Arcserve 2000 Sp4.
every time when Arcserve backup brick level session it fail on E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=\Individual Mailboxes\moty, EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (429) "Fail to Open Information And the service Information store stop i need to start Is manually.
i try to change Dbaxchg2.dll 396k form 18/3/2003 it not solved the problem.

thank's

moty

Does the IS service stop because of the backup or what??
Are you performing any kinda maintenance on the IS at an everyday basis??

when was the last time you had done an integrity check ISINTEG on your Exchange database??

This could be very useful in clearin out DB inconsistencies if any...

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I had this same problem, CA tech explained to me that this error comes up when the brick layer is looking for a mailbox that is no longer there. Modify your backup and remove any recently deleted mailboxes and rerun, it should solve your problem. I had a CA tech work with me several weeks on this problem as well as a few others and he was fabulous. I salute CA and the help they gave to me.

Hi,

Tischler has a good point too....

If the user accoutn associates to that mailbox has been
disable you might get this error.

On the Exchange system manager, expand the mailbox store, right click on "Mailboxes" and select " Run cleanup Agent"
Once this operation completes, it will put a red "x" against
delinlked mailboxes.
Now you can right click on the mailbox with this red X and select "Purge"...

Note: export this mailbox to a PST file if you might need this data in the future...

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back