Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backspace function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpyourmug

Programmer
Oct 9, 2006
US
How do you enable the backspace key to work with the PBX?

Unless Nortel has made a change in the last 25 Years, you can't.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

At the > prompt:

lon -- to activate the backspace

lof -- to de-activate the backspace

That didn't do it MrPederman? Looks like it took, but still not working.

Are you using OTM or CLI to access the PBX?

Not in my book, OTM makes a good boat anchor.

not a real good anchor but a better anchor then a software tool.. only the mindless.. at least nortel named it right..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tested on my switch and it works OK.

What the command "lon" allows you to do is edit the text before you hit the enter key.

With "lof" you can still edit the text, it just screws up the command and when you press enter, the pbx can't understand it.

Backspace always works on the keyboard regardless of lon/lof.

Maybe you need to check the keyboard settings in your procomm?

All this time and I had no idea. Have a star!!! I'd give you two, but you needed to tell me that 7 years ago to get the second.

I had this working on 3.0, but lost the functionality when we upgraded to 4.5? I cannot seem to get this working again either.

I am using 4-port paddle boards so that is why mine works, but it appears the LON and LOF commands are not applicable to MSDL TTY.

You must enable the FUNC = LME in the tty programming in LD17 to permit Line Mode Editing in a msdl tty.

Line Mode Editing (LME) permits the user to enter and review an entire line before transmitting it to the Meridian 1. This function is only supported for VT220-type terminals running EM200 emulation mode.

I have never configured this so check your manuals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back