Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backsnap script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2005
AU
I'm trying a crate a script to backup a database and send a copy to a remote AIX system using backsnap and ssh

I've tried

backsnap -R -m /tmp/snapshot -s size=16M -0 -f /snapbup/test.bak /snapdir #create the backsnap by i-node
cat /snapbup/test.bak | ssh root@remote " ( cd /test; restore -xvaf - ) " #restore to remote system

backsnap -R -m /tmp/snapshot -s size=16M -i -f /snapbup/test.bak /snapdir #create the backsnap by name
cat /snapbup/test.bak | ssh root@remote " ( cd /test; restore -xvaf - ) " #restore to remote system

The backsnap by i-node works fine, however the restore fails with restore: 0511-123 The volume on - is not in backup format.

The backsnap by name prompts for Mount volume 1 on /snapbup/test.bak. Press Enter to continue. The restore works fine.

Can anyone workout why my i-node restore fails or how to bypass my press enter to continue in the backsnap by name.

I think you have to use the dd command instead!

that's how i do it using normal backup command:

Code:
ssh Host 'cd /; find ./home/ -print | backup -iq -b0 -f -' | dd of=/dev/rmt0.1 bs=0b

I don't use the backsnap but if you can think of similar way as the above it will run smoothly

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back