Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up your VIO Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfaix

MIS
Nov 25, 2003
US
How are you backing up your VIO server?

As I see it, we have a couple options.

1. backupios as padmin (file,cd,tape)
2. mksysb as root

Are you scheduling these some how?

Are you using or planning to use these backups with NIM?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

i've juste done those type of backup.

I used backupios command wich first make a mksysb. For my tests i put the backup on a DVD-RAM but for the next time i'll probably just generate the backup file localy and secondly backup it with TSM. That's what i use to do for weekly created mksysb on all my servers.

Thanks for replying.

Have you installed the TSM client on the VIO server? I was wondering that myself. I didn't know if it was allowed or not.

It sounds like backupios is the ibm preferred way, however, it just creates a tar file.

I'd like to be able make these backups a nim resource.

Hi,

i make once in the week a mksysb (cron from root) from my vio, after the mksysb is finish, it will transfered by ftp to my nim server.

ciao

I havent installed TSM client for the moment but i'll do it soon. Normaly should work, i've installed others products on my VIO and all of them works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back