Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up using on SQL Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2003
GB
I tried to backing up using the Backup utility on SQL Server 2000. I had backed up the database a week ago. Tried backing up again and received the following error.

"The Volume on device 'd:\MSSQL\BACKUP\CFNLIVE_db.bak' is not part of a multiple family media set. BACKUP WITH FORMAT can be used to form a media set. BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally'

any help/explanation would be grateful

What I would do is delete the old backup file and create a new one. Try to backup again

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

I have just restrieved a database from our TAPEDRIVE to a directory and tried to restoring it a a database SQL 2000. I keep getting the following error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Error 3242: The file on device ‘E:\MSSQL\Data\TetnetReports_Data3.MDF’ is not a calid Microsoft Tape Format backup set.
RESTORE FILELIST is terminating abnormally.

How are you trying to restore it? MDF files are NOT backup files. They are a copy of the data file. You must ATTACH mdf files.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back