Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up to DVD or CD automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohard

Vendor
Jan 15, 2002
CA
Here is the situation, running windows xp pro with nero installed and a DVD burner. and doing a daily backup. Daily backup is in the scheduled tasks, runs daily, approx 3.7 GB. Would like to have the .bkf file burned to dvd, automatically, as a scheduled task, within Nero environment or windows environment, but with little interaction of the user, with the exception of changing dvd's.

If anyone has any ideas, batch file thoughts, would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

hello gohard, i don't knoe how to perfom automated backup with nero(if it's possible at all), but i know that True Image can write directly on DVD and uses schedule. i know it because i used it for a long time!

I was kind of looking more for the ability to write a batch file that would basically copy the files to the cd/dvd and then write them to said media. Using a third party is obviously the easy answer, and will be inevitably what I end up doing, but if I do come across the syntax to make that happen, I will update this thread.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back