Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up System State gives an incomplete result

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarrahaG

Programmer
Mar 25, 2007
AW
Hello

I am using ARCserve Backup r12.5 SP1 (Build 5860).

When I backup the system state on a domain controller, I will get an incomplete result.

The errors I get are as follows:

W3301 2010-10-02 17:42:16 Unable to find directory. (DIR=C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, EC=The system cannot find the file specified.)
W3401 2010-10-02 17:42:16 Unable to find file. (FILE=C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\NTUSER.DAT, EC=The system cannot find the path specified.)
W3301 2010-10-02 17:42:16 Unable to find directory. (DIR=C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, EC=The system cannot find the file specified.)
W3401 2010-10-02 17:42:16 Unable to find file. (FILE=C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\application data\microsoft\windows\UsrClass.dat, EC=The system cannot find the path specified.)

I have recreated the backup job and it still does not help.

The user's account no longer exists and there are no directories or files existing in the path specified.

What could be causing this?

Regards

not sure but try

job status window
select the job
modify
redo the selection of this server
click submit to send the job back into the queue

Hi

Thanks for the advice. However, I already tried.

Regards,

So it looks like the job is not retaining this information in which case it is probably coming from the other end, Windows is still presenting it for backup. Perhaps there is a utility to clean up and verify active directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back