Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up/Restoring ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

eunreal

MIS
Aug 2, 2000
US
The problem:
I need to break a mirror to gain more diskspace and the mirror is not NTFS. This is an ADP server at a client's place. Now the question is: Can I do a full backup of ADP and then a full restore of it after I reinstall Win NT 4.0 server to gain the lost diskspace? How is the registry going to be affected by the restore of ADP?
Answers or Alternatives are always thanked in advance.
Thanks.

I'd reccomend calling the local PC Support group for ADP. There are many factors involved here such as are they payroll only or do they use HR Perspective also? If so, there is more data to back up besides the payroll database. Also, backup exec may not back up the database properly if it is up and running. Be sure to stop the database before trying to back it up with a backup application. I'd suggest simply stopping the database, and copying the data to another server temporarily. Should be faster too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back