Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backing up password protected shares on win9x clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdw

MIS
Sep 13, 2001
US
I have backup exec 8.5 running on a windows 2000 server. I have created a password protected share on a 9x client that I'd like to back up. To back up the share I browse to the share through the back up exec file selections area browsing my network to find the computer and share. The problem is that the share is password protected. I can't seem to find anyway to tell back up exec what the password is to access the share (the "attach as" in the "network" drop down list is greyed out no matter what part of back up exec I'm working in.

Thanks,

Chris

I too have just encountered this problem. The only way I have found so far to ensure that the backup works with password protected shared drives is to manually log onto these drives during the session immediately prior to the backup (our backup machine is also a desktop workstation). Not sure if there is a way to execute this shared drive logon in a batch immediately prior to the backup but will look into this option.

Regards
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back