Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up Exchange 2k Across Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeZ1

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
GB
The basic set up is as follows. There are 2 Domains a and b. The exchange 2000 server(Clustered) is in Domain A whilst the backup exec server is in Domain B. The trust are set up between the domains. The exchange agent is installed on the Backup Exec server and the remote agent on the Exchange server.

I use a user defined share to see the exchange items, however when I try to expand the selection it asks for the Exchange mailbox for the Backup exec account. I have created a mailbox and given it permissions from backup accounts on both domains. I have also given thebackup accounts full admin rights on the exchange server. However I still get the prompt for the mailbox, and it will not accept anything I enter.

Incidentally, file level backups work fine as the local drives of each cluster node are backed up no problem.

I have run out of ideas on this, so if anyone can shed some suggestion I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back