Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backgrounds for flash movies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bciu92

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
US
I know how to change the background color of a flash movie, but is there a way to make the background a graphic like you can do in frontpage. I thought this would be the same with flash 5 but it isin't. My site uses all the same background and I would like to continue that way if I can.
Thanks

I don't use Frontpage but I guess if you mean like having a picture (jpg, bmp, gif, etc...) in the background of your flash movie, sure no problem! Select the first frame of the empty bottom layer and import your graphic. Using the arrow tool, you can select and position it. Then press F5 till you add the number of frames you want or click on frame 50 for example, it will extend to that frame.
Insert more layers above your graphic and add your other elements over the graphic!
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Old...perhaps he could use the transparency function when putting it onto the site...'eh?

I dont know it, but if you are trying to line everything up, there is a function in the HTML which makes your background transparent and all the stuff on top show, so your background on the page will show through and line up appropriately. Regards,
Anth:cool:ny
----------------------------------------
"You say [red]insanity[/red] like it's a BAD THING!"

Here's the easiest way:

For one thing, NEVER use transparent backgrounds because not everyone use i.e. or windows. Netscape and even sometimes Macs will put a background in for you.

Load an *.swf into a movieclip which is where your background would be. Voila! Instant background image. If your concern is clients being able to change the image themselves they can make *.swf in Illustrator 9. Just give them a template and publish settings.

Blended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back