Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background into pieces????

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
Hi,

I'd like to get your opinion which one works better.

I made an artwork design using photoshop 800x600 size with all the buttons, logo, banner space, and navigational bar on the left.

First option:
My idea is to use this as a background image and then, using layers I can pick the areas of where I would want my links and body and all. Is this a good approach?

Second option:
Cut the artwork design in slices, and use each slice as background to the cells, ensuring that all images are joined together. This involves lots of image slices but I don't have to necessarily use all the bits and pieces. I think this is more labor intensive, but the file size is smaller since am not gonna use the whole background image file.

Thanks,

Rob

First option is a better approach. Like you when I created my interface for my site I created for 800 resolution and it looked crappy in 1024 resolution.
So I used layers and JS to move the layers into the right location if the resolution was greater then 800. Works great now.
The only issue I have now is the white background of the image (which I can't make transparent)... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back