Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background in tiffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy1974

Instructor
Nov 20, 2002
GB
When I add a background colour to greyscale tiffs, even though it is the same colour as the backgound of the quark page, it prints lighter on my Phaser 790 leaving me with a light box around my tiff rather than blending in. Anyone know a way round this?

Andy. This is a common problem and is to do with Colour Management. The first thing you can try is using different settings for your printer. In the Print dialogue, click the Printer button at the bottom and select Colour Matching from the General drop down menu. Make sure Colour/Greyscale is selected. Next you need the Print Quality/Colour option of the drop down menu. I can't tell you exactly which one you need for your specific printer so you will have to employ trial and error. Generally Automatic works well. Ultimately what you need to do is calibrate your monitor, scanner, your application workspaces and your printer so what you see on screen is what you print out. You will have to go through the ColourSync setup to calibrate your monitor, calibrate your colour settings in Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. It is a longwinded and complicated process (it took me over a week to get the right calibration for all our systems [we have over 20 macs where I work]), but it is work doing if colour is critical to your line of work.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back