Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background images for 7970 - List.xml question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I've got CM 9.1

I'm trying to change the background image on a 7970 phone. Like most posts, I've used this doc:
I've created my List.xml file using Notepad, and I have my .png files - one thumb and one full. I've uploaded the .xml and both .png files to my pub and my two subs to /Destkops/320x212x12. I then disabled caching and restarted the Cisco TFTP service on all 3 boxes. When I go to my 7970, and go to Settings > User Preferences > Background images, the files don't show...even after I reboot the phone. I don't get it.

This is my entire List.xml file. Did I make a mistake? Does anything need to be added?

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>
<ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Anchor_thumb.png”
URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Anchor_thumb.png”/>
<ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Anchor_full.png”
URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Anchor_full.png”/>
</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

All I can think of is that the 7970 is looking in a folder other than 320x212x12. The documentation for 7970's said I need to use 320x212x12 - is this correct?

verify that your full and thumbnail png files are the exact size that is required, otherwise they will not show up.

Full size image—320 pixels (width) X 216 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image—80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

Also make sure your xml exactly matches the example, and no accidental spaces are entered after each line.
Other than that, you look like you are right

The documents said 320x212, while yours is 320x216. Is yours a typo or is the Cisco documentation incorrect? The .png files are correct for 320x212.

The XML file had an additional carriage return after the last line. I removed it and will upload the file again. Maybe that was the problem.

I copied that straight from your doc, I didn't type it. That is the correct size.
Also the extra space will invalidate your xml.

Looks like we might both be right:

I saw this: List.xml File Format Requirements
The List.xml file defines an XML object that contains a list of background images. The List.xml file is stored in the following subdirectory on the TFTP server:
/Desktops/320x216x16 for Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G, 7965G, and 7945G
/Desktops/320x212x12 Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G-GE and 7970G

And this....

The PNG files for background images must meet the following requirements for proper display on the Cisco Unified IP Phone:
•Full size image—320 pixels (width) X 216 pixels (height).
•Thumbnail image—80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

I'll ask our marketing team to send me .png files that are 320x216x12 and see if that works.

Well - I had marketing send me new files with the updated pixel size, and I saved it in 320x216x12 - and it still doesn't work. Grrrr....

Get wireshark on and watch the TFTP conversation...

Ha! After a call to Cisco TAC we finally got it worked out.

For 7970's:
> TFTP Directory in Call Manager is 320x212x12
> I misconstrued the .XML information in their doc.

Their doc said the .XML file should look like similar to this - which I took to mean the thumb and full size references needed to be on two separate lines.

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-Fountain.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Fountain.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-FullMoon.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/FullMoon.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

[highlight #FCE94F]In reality, it needs to be like this - both the thumb and full size image on the same line....[/highlight]

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/abthumb.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/abfull.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

Everything is nice and pretty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back