Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background Image 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascot

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
CA
I want to have an image in the background of my Access 2000 application instead of the default grey.

To achieve this I have setup a form, used the picture property (specifying the image I want), then setting the form to have no border, no scrollbar, no record selectors, etc.

The part that annoys me is that, even though I have specified that the form should be Xcm wide and Ycm deep, the actual size at runtime seems to be decided NOT by these settings, but by the height and width of the window inside which you design the form. If I extend this out to the right, WAY beyond the edge of the actual form area and click the save button. Sure enough at runtime the form is that same ridiculous width, seemingly ignoring it's property settings.

Can anyone advise, or make a suggestion of better way to achieve this idea of a background image?

Thanks.

Is the AutoResize property of the form set to 'No'? -Chopper

Chopper,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Auto Resize is set to 'No', is that the cause?

Chopper,

I thought Auto Resize was just to do with extending the depth of a continuous list form in order to prevent the display of partial record rows.

It does.....but if you are using a form that is one record per form (not a continous form), then the form will autoresize to whatever you set the "detail" sections to... Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve! This makes the post more visible to others in need! [thumbsup2]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer
robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com

mstrmage1768,

Good point. I had always thought it only related to the depth of the detail, but I guess not.

Thanks for the pointer.

mstrmage1768,

Yep, spot on!! :) It does indeed take care of both the depth AND width of the detail.

Thanks for your help.

Chopper,

Tahnks for moving us in the right direction.....cascot is now set. Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve! This makes the post more visible to others in need! [thumbsup2]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer
robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com

Chopper,

Sorry for getting carried away and forgetting that you were the one to first mention the Auto Resize property. You're now starred as well. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back